34 more days till I complete my diploma (Provided that I don't fail any paper ._.) How time flies, I'll be officially graduating in May! While my friends are enrolling into university, me on the other hand, decided to start working.. I'm taking a break before I start my working life and I'll be having a graduation trip with my friend to Taiwan. All the shopping and food!! Our initial idea was to go to Korea because earlier on we were doing our work about Jeju Island during our Cruise tutorial class. We took 4 days to decide and book our tickets! It was so impromptu that it seems unreal to me. I was rather surprise to find out that it was not necessary to key in our passport details for our flight ticket?! :O
Chinese New Year is around the corner but this year, there would be no CNY cookies marathon baking this year. All the school work are taking a toll on me, I'm so exhausted by the mountain of work we need to finish. It's going to be a torturous week with all the submissions and presentations :(
Anyway, back to the cookies.. I love the blue tin Royal Dansky butter cookies which we used to munch when we are little. I really like these cookies because it's extremely fragrant and crunchy. I piped these pretty swirls with my #1M wilton tip. I got myself a cookie press as Christmas present online and guess what, it took more than a month before I received the item. The seller was really irresponsible, completely ignoring my email on my enquiry of the delivering time. Gosh, luckily it arrived before CNY so I can actually use it to bake some awesome goodies~~
Adapted from @kokken
1g Fleur de Sel
1/8 tsp Vanilla paste
40g Powdered Sugar
15g Egg White
115g All purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk unsalte butter with Fleur de Sel until creamy.
3. Add in powdered sugar and whisk until homogenous and creamy.
4. Add in egg white. ( The mixture may curdle a little but it will smoothen out after flour is added.
5. Add in flour and mix until well combined.
6. Scoop batter into a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe circles/wreaths on a lined baking tray.
7. Bake at 180C for 10 -12 mins or until golden brown.
8. Cool down and store in air tight container.